Memorandum of understanding between Electrocardiography Societies (ISHNE and ISE) and HRS
This Agreement is made effective as of June 15, 2020 (Effective Date) through June 30, 2022 (Termination Date), between the Electrocardiography Societies (ECG) and the Heart Rhythm Society(HRS) and outlines the collaboration between ECG and HRS.
This Agreement is made effective as of August 1, 2018 (Effective Date) through June 30, 2020 (Termination Date), between the Electrocardiography Societies (ECG) and the Heart Rhythm Society(HRS) and outlines the collaboration between ECG and HRS.
Memorandum of Understanding between ISHNE and ISE
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Between the International Society of Electrocardiology (ISE) and
the International Society of Holter and Noninvasive Electrocardiology (ISHNE)
Adrian Baranchuk (ISE)
Niraj Varma (ISHNE)
Wojciech Zareba (ISE)
Jonathan Steinberg (ISHNE)
Iwona Cygankiewicz (ISHNE)
Antonio (Tom) Ribeiro (ISE)
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is intended to regulate the common activities of two International Societies: the International Society of Electrocardiology (ISE) and the International Society of Holter and Noninvasive Electrocardiology (ISHNE). This MOU has been written in 2017 after the Joint meeting in Portland, Oregon. Both Societies would like to continue with Joint meetings in the future, and this document that regulates these activities can be attached to the by-laws of each Society.
- Each Society will maintain it its own structure and this MOU does not represent a merger of the Societies.
- Each Society has its own Boards and internal regulations and this MOU is not intended to interfere with the logistics and functioning of each Society.
Henceforth, and until otherwise determined, ISE and ISHNE will conduct their meetings as an annual Joint meeting.
- The decision for location will be decided by the 2 Executive Boards, represented by the President of each Society.
- The name of the meeting will be “International Congress on Electrocardiology (ICE)”.
- The subtitle of the advertised congress will name both Societies and the corresponding historical annual meeting as shown in Example 1 of the Appendix.
- The first Society to be named in the sub-title will be the one coordinating and facilitating local organizers with the program, guests, speakers, logistics, etc, as required. The other Society will help in any aspect that the local organizers or the other Society consider to be necessary.
- The order in which society appears in the brochure will alternate every year.
- The brochure advertising the meeting should meet with the approval of both Societies before being released.
Structure of ICE Meeting
- Local organizers will remain in charge of the scientific program, speakers and all aspects associated with the meeting. Local organizers remain responsible for the funding of the meeting.
- Both Societies assume the role of helping local organizers contacting possible sponsors and other sources of funding.
- Revenue or deficit of a giving meeting is entire responsibility of the local organizers.
- Board meetings of each Society will occur during the meeting. It is the responsibility of each Society to negotiate the space and timing of these meetings with the local organizers. Both presidents will work together to avoid overlap and to respect the specific necessities of the local organizers.
- Lectures for each Society will be organized by each Society
- ISE Rijlant Lecture
- ISHNE lecture (Stern Lecture) Awards
- ISE Young Investigator Awards
- ISHNE (Junior and Senior Investigator Award, Kennedy Award)
This arrangement will remain in force unless and until dissolved by request of either of the respective boards of either ISE or ISHNE.
Example 1: “ICE 20xx”
The xxth Congress of the International Society of Electrocardiology and the xxth Congress of the International Society of Holter and Noninvasive Electrocardiology (ISE-ISHNE 20xx).